“ The purpose of literature is to turn blood into ink.”
About the Department
The Department of English was launched in 2005 after having an established history of the institution since 1996, with the aim of letting the rural realm women students to be genuinely exposed to literature in English language. The department was promoted into PG department in 2011 and furthermore into Research Department with M.Phil in 2013 as a means of catering the needs of women students who have not been permitted to pursue their PG and M.Phil in cities. Hence, the department offers an in-hand opportunity for the rural women students to progress their higher education from UG till M.Phil English.
English Course details.
S.No Course Name description 1 B.A. English Under Graduate Degree 2 M.A. English Post Graduate Degree 3 M.Phil. English Research Degree 4 Communicative English Certificate Course
- Department Library has a good collection of texts, reference books, study materials, Question Bank, previous year university exam question papers, CDs, DVDs, etc which offers a fine role in fulfilling the academic and research needs of students.
- Language Lab is well-equipped with 1 teacher system, 12 student systems, a projector, LCD monitor, and a sound system with Intranet provision. The language lab is used for handling certificate course on Communicative English to improve students’ language proficiency and fluency.
- Department Computer is used to store and backup the students’ details, faculty details and other details of the department. It helps the faculty to prepare for ICT mode of teaching.
- Department Intercom enables for feasible communication with other departments and prime spots of college premises.
- ‘LITEROCEAN’ is the literary association of the department that has been ever active with the conduct of various literary-tilted activities among students to upgrade their literary potentials; besides, the association organizes intra- and inter-collegiate Seminars, Conferences, Paper presentations, etc.
English faculty details.
S.No Faculty Name Qualification Designation 1 SABAHATH SABINA M.H.S M.A., M.Phil., PGDCA, HEAD & ASSO. PROF 2 JAYAPRABHA S M.A., M.Phil., Assistant Professor 3 NIRMALA DEVI G M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor 4 SUMATHI S MA., B.Ed., M.Phil., DTP Assistant Professor 5 SHEIK NASRIN A M.A., M.Phil., Assistant Professor 6 ASKARA FAKMEEN M MA., B.Ed., M.Phil., DTP Assistant Professor 7 KAMALA KAMATCHI M M M.A., M.Phil., Assistant Professor 8 THILAGAVATHI D M.A., M.Phil., Assistant Professor 9 SUBA REKHA S M.A., M.Phil., Assistant Professor 10 BOWSIYA BEGUM N M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor 11 RAMYA P M.A., M.Phil.,D.T.Ed., Assistant Professor 12 MANIMEKALA G MA., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
M.H.S, SABAHATH SABINA M.A., M.Phil., PGDCA
Head, Department Of English
Sri Adi Chuchanagiri Women's College,
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org